[pptp-server] Windows 2k Routing and Remote Access Services

Justin Kreger jkreger at avidsolutionsinc.com
Fri Feb 9 05:47:57 CST 2001

I'm working with two Win2k servers that have RRAS installed, we're routing
subnets between offices (well, one office, and one MIS staff person's
house).  We have found that it just stops working after time, The
connection, and all.  I'm thinking that the win2k boxes forget which network
to properly route to...  But, I can't even ping the other side's tunnel
endpoint ip address, so its like it forgets entirlly.  I have a WinNT 4
Server also running RRAS, and we have not had any such problems like this
with that office, So I'm thinking its win2k.  Any body run into this? any
ideas?

I'm pritty sure this is not a poptop problem, but I can't be sure at this
time.

Justin Kreger, MCP MCSE
Network Administrator
Avid Solutions, Inc.