[pptp-server] Linux 2.4.1, Finally Works! Solution Included Here...

Jeff Brandt jeffb at swiftview.com
Wed Feb 21 15:47:24 CST 2001

Well I was futzing around with getting the openssl patches to
work with 2.4.1. I was able to get everything working, except
I couldn't seem to receive data on the client side. So I think
I found the problem.

In linux/drivers/net/ppp_mppe.c

  if (seq != state->ccount) {
        if (state->debug) {
            printk(KERN_DEBUG "mppe_decompress%d: bad seq # %d, expected
%d\n",
                   state->unit, seq, state->ccount);
        }

        while(state->ccount != seq) {
            mppe_update_count(state);
        }

        /*
         * Packets with bad sequence numbers can still be decrypted
         * successfully when stateless compression is in use.
         */
        if (!state->stateless) {
            mppe_update_count(state);

//          return DECOMP_ERROR;
        }
    }

You want to comment out the line that is commented out above. After this
change my link worked in both directions..

--
Jeff Brandt
Network Administrator
mailto:jeffb at swiftview.com