[pptp-server] Netmask woes... ifconfig

Dread Boy dreadboy at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 23 17:05:04 CST 2001

OK, I have no idea what "arp" is.  Even though I've specified it in
/etc/ppp/options with the "proxyarp" line.

ifconfig reports that when a machines is remotely connected "UP POINTOPOINT
RUNNING NOARP MULTICAST".  Should the "NOARP" part concern me?  Can anyone
tell me what the hell it means?

Also, on the Win client side after connecting to the pptpd server, "bytes
sent" always increase over time, however "bytes received" always indicates
around 300 bytes depending on what my username/password was, connection
options, etc.  I keep refreshing the "Network Neighborhood" to no avail.

ppp0      Link encap:Point-to-Point Protocol
          inet addr:192.168.0.200  P-t-P:192.168.0.216  Mask:255.255.255.255
          UP POINTOPOINT RUNNING NOARP MULTICAST  MTU:1450  Metric:1
          collisions:0 txqueuelen:10