[pptp-server] howto for ppp-mppe 2.4.x?

Santtu Hyrkkö santtu.hyrkko at hut.fi
Sun Feb 25 10:03:10 CST 2001

"C. Thomas" <ein_bier_bitte at yahoo.de> writes:

> If anyone has successfully gotten ppp-mppe encryption
> support under kernel 2.4.x working, could you please
> post a short "howto" for my (and others') benefit?

Sure,

Get the following patches from ftp://ftp.binarix.com/pub/ppp-mppe/

   linux-2.4.0-openssl-0.9.6-mppe.patch
   ppp-2.4.0-openssl-0.9.6-mppe.patch

Get ppp-2.4.0.tar.gz from ftp://linuxcare.com.au/pub/ppp
Get linux kernel from the usual places.

Apply linux-xxx.patch to kernel and compile. In configuration, select
all the PPP stuff as modules. Apply ppp-xxx.patch to ppp-2.4.0,
compile, install. Boot new kernel.

Add following lines to /etc/ppp/options

mppe-40
mppe-128
mppe-stateless

Put "alias ppp-compress-18 ppp_mppe" to modutils configuration if you
want to have mppe module loaded automatically.

--
Santtu Hyrkkö