[pptp-server] [pSAMBA Wins Server

Chris Carella drjchris at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 3 09:24:31 CST 2001

I have things set up and running perfectly and Samba is my WINS
server... The only problem I am having is this... when machines
on the local network come up for the first time, they broadcast
themselves to the WINS server, and name resolution works fine...
but if I then reboot the Samba server, it will show the machines
in the browse list, but won't do resolution right... the only
way to make reslution work again, is to reboot all the machines
on the network.. not a very efficient thing when a network has
over 15 computers... is there a way to fix this? Can I give
SAMBA a list of static IP's for name resolution?

Thanks
Chris