[pptp-server] Setting speed to something other than 115200

Philip Van Baren phil at vibrationresearch.com
Tue Jan 9 13:55:56 CST 2001

The speed setting in poptop is meaningless, and does not affect throughput.
That is just a leftover of pppd, which normally would set the speed of the
port to which it is connected.  Since poptop doesn't connect using a serial
port, it doesn't need to set the speed.

Which version of poptop are you using?  Two possible causes of throughput
problems are dropped packets and out-of-order packets.  If the problems are
being caused by out-of-order packets, using pptpd-1.1.2 may help.