[pptp-server] Error 645 puzzle

Yan Seiner yan at cardinalengineering.com
Mon Jan 15 07:00:01 CST 2001

I did what the KB article said, and now I get a little further.  (Go
figure; a search for Error 645 turns up some stuff about encrypted
passwords - but not that article.)

The problem is that GRE packets go out, but nothing comes back.  I'm
guessing that the client is being given the internal (natted) address,
and not the real one.  I tried to run pptpctrl via inetd, and give the
real IP as the fourth argument, but that does not seem to have made any
difference.  Either my router is not forwarding incoming GRE (though it
claims to support it in client mode) or I'm misreading the pptpctrl man
page.

--Yan