[pptp-server] routing and multiple connections

George Vieira GeorgeV at citadelcomputer.com.au
Fri Jan 19 18:24:57 CST 2001

You say all clients get random numbers but do you men DHCP numbers? If so,
they must be part of a subnet so why not just firewall those subnets from
going to other networks?

Eg.

PPTP1 Client 192.168.0.1------+

PPTP2 Client 192.168.0.17-----+

                 /------------+
Linux PPTPD server
                 \------------+

NetworkA     192.168.10.0/24--+
NetworkB     192.168.20.0/24--+

# Make PPTP1 not allowed to Network B but OK for Network A
/sbin/ichains -A INPUT  -s 192.168.0.1     -d 192.168.20.0/24    -j DENY
/sbin/ichains -A OUTPUT -s 192.168.20.0/24 -d 192.168.0.1 0.0/24 -j DENY

# Make PPTP2 not allowed to Network A but OK for Network B
/sbin/ichains -A INPUT  -s 192.168.0.1     -d 192.168.10.0/24    -j DENY
/sbin/ichains -A OUTPUT -s 192.168.10.0/24 -d 192.168.0.1 0.0/24 -j DENY

Something like that.... This is what I did and it works for me, routes are
added automatically and then firewall what's not allowed. When you say you
add routes manually are you talking about the client side routing to
required networks as this is insecure if you want untrusted network to go to
selected networks... Firewall is the way...

thanks,
George Vieira