[pptp-server] Strange Behaviour

Brian Klump klumpba at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 22 20:08:13 CST 2001

Hi all...
    I've been running PoPToP for about 6 months now.  It's installed on a RH
6.3 box and I'm using version 1.1.2.  It's residing on a private network
behind a Linux firewall/gateway/maw machine.  Everything has been working
great lately...however, all of a sudden Windows2000 clients seem to have
problems connecting.  I constantly get error 619, even when I'm connected
directly to the internet using my cable modem at home.  Also error 789 is
showing up on some machines.  Everything is still working great for people
with Win98 boxes though.  I was just wondering if anyone else has
experienced similar problems...none of the network configurations were
changed on the machines that we're aware of, including the W2K boxes.  I
have a hard time believing that this would just mystically happen, but I
can't seem to find the real problem (and hence the solution).  any help
would be greatly appreciated!

-Brian