[pptp-server] timeout problems

Jakob Perz jp at internetz.org
Fri Jul 6 09:35:57 CDT 2001

Hi,

I'm not sure if this specific timeout questions has been posted before; I
searched the mailing list archives and didn't find anything so please
don't beat me if I'm wrong :-)

Ok, here's my question:
Imagine an established pptp connection.
When will this connection timeout?

It's clear that clients might set timeout values, but what about the
server? In what circumstances would the pptpd disconnect a client due to
timeout?

Is there an automatic timeout disconnect after a certain period of time
without any traffic through the tunnel or is there a timeout if the
network connection beyond the vpn (which is internet) timeouts?

thanks in advance,

jakob

--
Jakob Perz