[pptp-server] pptp masquerade document needed for 2.4.x based firewal

Jamin Collins JaminC at adapt-tele.com
Mon Jul 16 22:04:50 CDT 2001

Craig Morris [mailto:craig at amalgam.ca] wrote:
> Could anyone direct me to a comprehensive document outlining the
> requirements/setup instructions for masquerading pptp using a linux
> 2.4.x based firewall.  So far I've found mostly out-of-date how-to's
> that covered 2.2.x based kernels.
>
> The only document I've found that really mentions 2.4.x is the
> following:
>
> ftp://ftp.rubyriver.com/pub/jhardin/masquerade/ip_masq_vpn.html
>
> Unfortunately, the modules listed failed to load on my system (RH7.1
> running 2.4.3-12).

Actually, little more than the correct rules are necessary.  I've got three
firewalls all running 2.4.5 kernels and I haven't needed to apply any
special patches or explicitly load any special modules (although, I'm sure
modules are loading for this).  Perhaps if you can be more specific about
how it doesn't work, or what error messages you are getting we may be able
to help.

Jamin W. Collins