[pptp-server] IPX-Routing between VPN-Clients

Gunther Stammwitz gstammw at gmx.net
Tue Jul 17 19:28:23 CDT 2001

Hello Guys,

I'd like to set up a VPN-Server that allow me to connect various Windows (98
and 2K) clients
and allows IPX-Routing between my "dialup"-vpn-clients.

My current config-file /etc/ppp/options.ippp0 looks like this:
lock
debug
auth
+chap
+chapms
+chapms-v2
mppe-40
mppe-128
mppe-stateless
name beta
proxyarp

#### IPX

ipx
ipx-network 123abcd
ipx-node 1:0
#ipx-routing 2
#ipx-router-name Linux_router
# ipxcp-accept-remote

ipxcp-accept-network
ipxcp-accept-remote
ipxcp-accept-local

This configuration allow the first client to connect via tcp/ip AND IPX, but
the second and any other clients can only connect using tcp/ip, but IPX
can't be established.

My server-OS is SuSE-Linux 7.1 and I'm using the suse default-rpm-pptpd
PoPToP v1.1.2 and ppp_ssl.
What exactly is necessary to allow my client A to be on the "same"
IPX-Network as client B and C.

In fact I'm trying to play Command&Conquere3 with 3 players from different
cities all using a dialup-connection to the internet - hehe :-))))))

					* VPN-SERVER *

A,B and C shall be able to communicate using IPX.

I'd be glad if you could help me out.

Thanks a lot,
Gunther