[pptp-server] Kernel 2.4

Thomas Boettcher boettcher at rz.rwth-aachen.de
Thu Jul 19 03:51:53 CDT 2001

hello jeff,

i'm new to the list, too. found it just two days ago.

On Wed, 18 Jul 2001, J. Iddings wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> I'm new to the list..  and new to PPPTP (for Linux anyway).  I have a very
> simple question.  My plans are to upgrade my server to the 2.4 kernel and
> pppd 2.4.1.  Am I asking for trouble if I do this?  What about the
> MSCHAPv2/Encryption patches and such?  Somehow I don't imagine that pppd 2.4
> magically started supporting that.

i tried many things until i found this list. my best configuration for the
moment seems to be the following:

- get kernel 2.4.4 and pppd 2.4.1
- search the web for the openssl 0.9.6 patches for both of them

apply the patches as described and recompile a new kernel. it just works
fine.

> Any advice would be wonderful.

i hope this helps a little bit. since this configuration is not tested for
quite a while it may have some mistakes. any advices anyone?

have fun

tomtom

--
Thomas Boettcher
  ++ Computing Center  University of Technology Aachen (RWTH Aachen) ++