[pptp-server] pptp through firewall

Christopher Kalos ckalos at gothambroadband.com
Thu Jul 19 14:33:00 CDT 2001

	I'm probably missing something, and since FreeBSD proved to be a dead end
for poptop, I moved a linux box on the LAN (192.168.200.x) to run poptop.
Port forwarding and gre filtering are running flawlessly through the FreeBSD
firewall, and I'm connecting, but I can't ping anything aside from the VPN
box on the internal net.  Am I missing anything to make this work properly?

Here's the current contents of the config files:

/etc/pptpd.conf
====
speed 115200
option /etc/ppp/pptpd-options
localip 192.168.100.240-254
remoteip 192.168.200.240-254
====
Our actual LAN is on 192.168.200.0, so this might be part of the problem.

/etc/ppp/pptpd-options
====
debug
auth