[pptp-server] WIN98 Black Magic?

Jamin Collins JaminC at adapt-tele.com
Thu Jun 7 22:11:28 CDT 2001

mduran at bamo.com [mailto:mduran at bamo.com] wrote:
> I brought my Win98 laptop into the physical office LAN.
> Powered-up the laptop, logged onto the domain, and am
> able to map away...as well as browse the LAN network,
> no problems.  As if I never changed anything.  So, I
> think this may discount the idea the my Win98 SMB
> network settings were all !!??#$#@!!-up.

Not necessarily, this is exactly the problem that I encountered with my
problematic machine that I posted about earlier.  The system worked fine
when connected to the physical LAN but no when connected to the VPN.  No
other machine connecting to the VPN had any problem, so I knew the VPN was
not the problem.  It turned out to the be the Client on the Win 98 machine
that was as you put it "all !!??#$#@!!-up".

Jamin W. Collins