[pptp-server] Server may ping client, client unable to ping s erver

Tom Canich tcanich at geosc.psu.edu
Fri Jun 8 09:34:36 CDT 2001

On Fri, 8 Jun 2001, Justin Kreger wrote:

> I bet it's proxyarp... or running a subnet on the ppp interfaces that is
> not the same as with the lan.

On the LAN i am using 10.0.0.x for all adressing (there are only 3 nodes).
The PPP interface can have an IP from 10.0.0.4-10 for both local and
remote.  Do these need to be different ranges? (grabbing at straws now).

ProxtArp intrigues me.  I have it added to the config file, but it there
more i need to do.../me looks for man page!

thanks,

tom