[pptp-server] basic vpn

Terry Orgill terry at strictlybusinesssystems.net
Thu Jun 28 16:23:28 CDT 2001

I am trying to set up a little basic wan stuff that should be a snap, it just doesn't work.  What I want my customers to be able to do, is connect to the home office through their ISP, and print from the linux server to their remote pc.  They can already set up a text session this way using ssh, but what about printing?  I have PoPToP running on the linux machine, and have configured a dialup session using the win98 vpn adapter.  The win98 machine successfully connects and logs in to pptpd, but I cannot use smbclient or nmblookup to see the pc, so I don't know how I would be able to set up printing.  I am not concerned about encryption right now, I just want to be able to use samba to print from a linux server to a remote pc connected through an ISP.