[pptp-server] MPPE died

Justin Kreger lists at earthling.2y.net
Fri Jun 29 17:17:08 CDT 2001

The customer's box is in 2.2.17 right now, but it's not working in
2.4.5 with the patches from mirrors.binarix.com/ppp-mppe  It's compiled
in, but the driver just dosen't initlize, its in the System.map, but if I
cat /proc/ksyms|grep mppe, it isen't there.  It's like there are two
personalities to the kernel.  Plus, I logged into another customer's box,
erased /usr/src/linux/drivers/net/ppp_mppe.o, and got ahold of the
compiler call to compile ppp_mppe as a module, I did that on the 2.4 box,
I got it to load, but PPP connections seem to not work, plus the
module is missing dependences....  What a mystery.....

Justin Kreger, MCP MCSE CCNA
jkreger at earthling.2y.net jwkreger at uncg.edu justin at wss.net