[pptp-server] MPPE died

Jamin Collins JaminC at adapt-tele.com
Sat Jun 30 08:50:04 CDT 2001

Justin Kreger [mailto:lists at earthling.2y.net] wrote:
> You can replace a compiled in function with new code in a
> module... how do you think mods like heroin and cocain
> work.........
>
> As for modularized for functionallity vs monolithic for
> speed, it is an old debate, and not worth the time and
> effort, I just wish to figure out why the evil ppp_mppe
> code wants to be compiled in, instead of being a module
> like it used to be when i build vpn servers using 2.2.x.

I could give you a complete list of the ppp modules on my side if it will
help you determine which ones to move out of the kernel.  I believe my ppp
stuff is all modules, nothing compiled into the kernel (btw, this was the
default on my system I changed nothing but appling patches).

Jamin W. Collins