[pptp-server] Microsoft Client + key + encryption

Jean-Francois JOLY jfjoly at free.fr
Thu Mar 1 09:31:30 CST 2001

Hello,

      I wonder if it is possible to set up a PoPToP server with
      windows client using keys for authentification.
      It went flowly to make a win2k box connect to PoPToP server but
      the authentification is made with user/password and there is no
      encryption.
      I want the clients to connect with key authentification. I've seen
      that we can authenticate through certificates with win2k but
      PoPToP does not seem to support it, does it ?
      If it does, do I still have to use encryption the windows way
      (by patching pppd) ?
      If it doesn't, do you have any idea of how I could implement
      a key authentificated VPN on a Linux FireWall.

--
Best regards,
 Jean-Francois                          mailto:jfjoly at free.fr