[pptp-server] EOF or bad error reading ctrl packet length

Matthias Suencksen msuencks at marcant.de
Thu Mar 1 19:29:29 CST 2001

Frederic SOULIER <frederic.soulier at sxb.bsf.alcatel.fr> wrote:
> > Matthias Suencksen wrote:
> >
> > Frederic SOULIER <frederic.soulier at sxb.bsf.alcatel.fr> wrote:
>
> > I have the exactly the same problems. Seems that Windows98 is
> > producing garbage packets at times.
>
> Do you mean that using other OS for the client such as W2K will bring
> better results ?

that could be the case ( I have no W2k box handy).

If you use the patches from my page try to do a "grep" on the
message log looking either for "GRE" or "bogus" - with Win98 there
should appear messages from time to time about the server ignoring
certain packets. If they do not when using W2K consider yourself lucky ..

Matthias

> > To make pptpd more robust I have made some patches. You may
> > want to try them out - feedback appreciated.
> >
> >  http://www.marcant.net/users/ms/pptp.html
>
> Thanks a lot. I'm going to test them.
>
> Frederic

Out-of-order Execution