[pptp-server] interfaces

Robert Dege rcd at amherst.com
Tue Mar 6 09:18:11 CST 2001

Since I have 2 ethernet cards (eth0 for outside internet access -- eth1
for local intranet), I would really prefer that Samba would only
listen/broadcast on the local intranet only.  For the Samba config, is
this all I have to do:

interfaces eth1/16

(16 for the Class B network)

I just want it so that Samba will not query for any smb/nmb on the
internet deivce.

Will this cause problems for the PPTP clients though? or will being
assigned a remote ip compensate for that?

If not interfaces, would hosts allow be a better solution?

host allow 172.28. 127.0.0.1

172.28. -- our local intranet first two octets.
127.0.0.1 -- local host

Just want to make sure.

Thanks.

-Rob