[pptp-server] working with the howto Version 0.5 from berzerke at swbell.net - but no success

Niklaus Hug nh at fgb.ch
Fri Mar 9 18:57:46 CST 2001

Hello,

I'm trying to run pptpd on my SuSe Linux with Kernel 2.4.2 and did all the
patching and configuration exactly according the howto. But with encryption
enabled on win98 clients there comes the error 742 (and some additional M$-bla
bla) (without encryption everything is working fine - also encrypted passwords,
and compression)
I saw that there have been some others on the maillist with this error - but
for me it was not clear how the managed to get around it finally.
If you need additional information about my system (config-files etc..) just
let me know. (I'm an absolut newbie with kernel compiling - I started two weeks
ago because of the pptpd stuff - please forgive me when I'm doing silly
mistakes)

Thanx!

Niklaus Hug
Freies Gymnasium Bern - Switzerland