[pptp-server] IPX over PPTP

Robert Dege rcd at amherst.com
Tue Mar 13 08:20:47 CST 2001

Zach,

Have you enable IPX support in the kernel?  If not, you will need to
(located under Networking).

You also need to have ipx entries in your pppd options file so that ppp
knows how to handle the protocol.

There are also 2 rpms that you need to install.  I don't remember them
exactly (ie: ipx-utils, and ripd(?)), but if you search the pptp mail
archive, you'll find that someone posted an IPX/PPTP Howto.

There is also a IPX HOWTO on www.linuxdoc.org that you can read.  It
gives much better insight about using the protocol.

Hope this helps.

-Rob