[pptp-server] masquerading VPN server (NT)

Darren Kuik littlekuke at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 22 08:45:48 CST 2001

Hi list,

I am trying to masquerade an NT server behind my linux firewall gateway (RH7
kernel 2.2.17).  I have installed the vpn masq patch and ipmasadm and ipfwd.
  I can masquerade clients going out from my LAN but I can't seem to forward
inbound connections to my server on the same LAN.

Someone suggested that I needed to install ms-chap and mppe.  Is this true?
If so it's not in the VPN masquerade HOWTO.  So does anyone know what
additional setup is required to masquerade a VPN server other than setting
up ipfwd and ipmasqadm and setting up the appropriate filters using
ipchains?

Thanks a lot,

dk