[pptp-server] Nt-Domain

Justin Kreger lists at earthling.2y.net
Sat May 12 07:42:00 CDT 2001

Ok, first, you cannot do authentication yet off a NT server.... Maybe in a
few weeks once I graduate high school I will get off my ass and write the
code to do it.

The only way I think your client could log into a NT domain, is if they
were set to login to one at bootup, and pppd were to pass wins server info
to it, so it could find out who the PDC is.  If it does not automatiacly
log into it... perhaps a ppp message is needed from the server to tell the
client "hey, you is your pdc, your user dir, scripts.. etc"

Perhaps something could be written at a latter date that sends such a
message, if such a message exists, but that would require proxyed
authentication to a NT Domain Controler.

As for connecting to your servers... Your inital windows login is taken,
and used to talk to the servers, it will send your username, and a hash of
your password to the server, get a connection number, and work with it
from there.  One does not need to log into the domain to talk to the
servers in the domain.  A domain just controls security, and
authentication for systems in the domain.

I'm really not sure what your wanting to do, run user scripts for
authenticated clients?

Justin Kreger, MCP MCSE CCNA
jkreger at earthling.2y.net jwkreger at uncg.edu