[pptp-server] Identifying multiple connections at the server end

Justin Kreger lists at earthling.2y.net
Sat May 12 07:29:09 CDT 2001

First of all, you can use MSChapV2.... second of all, all you need to do
is assign ip addresses to the ppp client, and just tell pppd to just allow
the client to assign it's own ip address.  I did this for linking several
offices togeter.... One thing tho, you will need someway of routing
traffic from other nets to your net... RIP Works... but not too well from
experence. Some days ripd would bcast onto the ppp connections, and
others, it would not *shrug*

static routing works well, just remember, your main router (if not the box
that poptop will be running on) needs to be setup to route the packets for
the other networks to the spesific ip for the ppp session, then on the
client ends, you need to tell them that all the other subnets can be found
across the ppp link.

If people keep asking this question, I'm going to make a webpage
explaining how to do it. <G>

Justin Kreger, MCP MCSE CCNA
jkreger at earthling.2y.net jwkreger at uncg.edu