[pptp-server] Identifying multiple connections at the server end

Ron Cresswell ron at mel.compumod.com.au
Fri May 11 23:04:33 CDT 2001

I need to connect multiple subnets together using pptp, which means that I will have
several pptp clients, each on different subnets, connecting to my pptp server.

Question - when a client connects, can it ask the server for a particular IP address to be
assigned to it?

The reason I want to be able to do this is that I need to be able to set up routes at the
server end back to the clients subnet, so I need to be able to identify each client as it
connects somehow and associate each client with that subnet.

Perhaps the pap-secrets authentication can be used? If so, how would I go about
associating an interface with a particlular client?

Any thoughts anyone?

Ron

--
Dr R W Cresswell