[pptp-server] how to get natted/masqued client to use poptop

HVR hvrietsc at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 2 19:31:37 CST 2001

Kinzer, Don wrote:

> Your firewall needs to be aware of the PPTP protocol and have special
> support for it.
>
> If you're using ipchains, the solution may be found here:
> http://bmrc.berkeley.edu/people/chaffee/linux_pptp.html.  I've been using
> the PPTP-only patch for the 2.2 kernel for a year or two.

i have applied all those patches, because without those i couldn't even
connect a single NAT/MASQed client. the issue is however that whne i
connect more then one client via the same NAT box then poptop will only
assign one tunnel, and two clients talking via the same tunnel gets
messy real fast.

i also did an ip alias on the eth0 where the pptpd is listening and if
one client calls on one ip address and the other client on the other ip
address then they both get a different tunnel and all is fine. so i know
it is not my natting/masquerading that is the problem.

H.