[pptp-server] Pptpd crashing my machine

Mon Nov 5 07:07:44 CST 2001

Hellow Guys,

I have some problems with pptpd 1.0.1 stable.

My machine: Pentium 1GHZ 256RAM, Kernel 2.4.4 on S.U.S.E Linux 7.1

My vpn traffic: 25 per 30 users simultaneous

My problem: Well, my machine crashes sometimes. I make some tests and
discover some things. When I do an "killall -9 pptpd" with 5 or 6 users or
more users connected on pptpd server,  the machine crashs.
The problem maybe various users disconnecting at same time? Well.. I think
it.
Anybody have the same experience to help me??
Maybe I need to change my pptpd version to development, but I don't like
this.. The development version is stable or had various security problems??

Thankz a lot and sorry for my poot English.