[pptp-server] Pptpd crashing my machine

robert berzerke at swbell.net
Mon Nov 5 12:50:55 CST 2001

Most people, including myself, actually recommend the development version
over the "stable" version.

As for the machine crashing, I don't have enough details to say for sure, but
my experience is when running a stable kernel, only power problems or
hardware problems cause a system to crash.  It is possible it is a kernel
problem, since there are a lot of bug fixes since 2.4.4.  I'm currently
running 2.4.13 with an uptime of 10 days so far.  (I installed 2.4.13 10 days
ago, however, I haven't tested pptpd against it yet).  However, some people
have complained about problems with pptpd on kernel versions greater than
2.4.8.