[pptp-server] Re: [similar problem, second posting

Shekhar Joshi csjoshi at dishatech.com
Mon Nov 5 22:18:44 CST 2001

hi
i too have a similar problem, iposted my message yesterday, but as yet
no one has answer it, jut to be on record i am posting it again
i am trying to implement a gateway-firewall solution using iptables on
redhat 7.1, i also need to allow incoming vpn connections using pptp,
and also need to allow around 15-20 outgoing vpn connections to a remote
network.
well allowing incoming connections through important is not urgent, but
yes i need to be able to allow the outgoing vpn connections.
currently i have just SNAT'd the vpn clients and allowed the the ports
1723 and protocol 47, does anyone have any detailed step by step info on
how to implement the above.
as of now i am able to allow outgoing vpn connections but the max limit
is 4, why does it not allow more connections any ideas? actually after
more than 4 connections, the client is able to authenticate but later it
says infinitely trying port and hangs out on the w2k-vpn-client.

regards
Shekhar