[pptp-server] linux to linux pptp connection

knollst at tronicplanet.de knollst at tronicplanet.de
Sat Nov 10 06:29:06 CST 2001

hello,

we have a linux pptp-server running and all windows clients have no problem in
connecting and sending data over the tunnel. But now we try to get a linux
pptp-client get a connection to the same server and encounter several problems.
Till now we managed it to build the tunnel between the machines and send some
pings over the tunnel but after a certain time we get a timeout message that 10
echo-requests were not replied by the other machine. What is the cause for that
strange behavior? Somebody had the same problem? How can we fix it?