[pptp-server] linux to linux pptp connection

Jerry Vonau jvonau at home.com
Sat Nov 10 10:28:57 CST 2001

I had that problem, the cause, internet route between the 2 boxes was a little
flakey.
Doing a ping to the public ip showed dropped packets. dropped packets = dropped
tunnel.
On a solid connection, the tunnels stay up for me, the longest was about 6
weeks, then
some internet problems on my isp's upstream, dropped the tunnel.....
The fix is to have a reliable isp and hope their upstream is reliable.

Jerry Vonau