[pptp-server] Server IP with --with-pppd-ip-alloc compilation

Adrien van den Bossche adrien.vdb at wanadoo.fr
Sun Nov 11 05:50:04 CST 2001

Hi everybody !

Here is my problem: I have compiled pptpd with the option --with-ppd-ip-alloc because
I want a static IP for each user of my server (The IPs are writed in the chap-secrets file)
and a static adress for the server (192.168.1.1). But since I have compiled pptpd with
the option --with-ppd-ip-alloc, the program works fine with every client (each user has
his/her IP) but the server hasn't got the adress 192.168.1.1 anymore. Does the compilation
--with-ppd-ip-alloc makes unusuable the localip 192.168.100.1 option of pptpd.conf file ?!?

Thanks

Adrien