[pptp-server] linux to linux pptp connection

Cowles, Steve Steve at SteveCowles.com
Tue Nov 13 07:08:36 CST 2001

Yes!!

> then can i use win-2k and win 98 to connect to freesw/wan?

W2K   = yes (out of the box)
Win9x = $$$$$

> if so what do they use for making the tunnels. for pptp
> connections i just have them use the build in vpn connector
> or whatever M$ calls this. so what about ipsec? is this
> supported by win/2k and win98?

For W2K: Although a pain in the ass to configure, (way to many dialog boxes)
W2K supports IPSEC out of the box. Checkout the following website if your
interested in configuring W2K for ipsec. http://jixen.tripod.com

For Win9x: Somebody correct me if I'm wrong here, but I'm not aware of any
"free" ipsec package for Win9x clients. So you will probably have to
purchase a 3rd party ipsec package for your Win9x clients.

Steve Cowles