[pptp-server] Windows 2000 PoPToP connection problems...

Charlie Brady charlieb at e-smith.com
Mon Oct 1 22:51:41 CDT 2001

On Tue, 2 Oct 2001, Matthew Gavin wrote:

> I have a PoPToP (1.0.1-1) server running on a Red Hat 7.1 server. It has

1.1.2 is widely recommended. It copes much better than 1.0.x with packet
loss or out of order delivery of packets (both of which are unavoidable on
the Internet).

> been functional for over two years now, I have dozens of Windows NT4/9x PC's
> successfully connecting daily. But, I am having great difficulty getting a
> Windows 2000 Professional client to connect. I have checked the FAQ and done
> a search on the web... with little more than frustration. Can you please
> help me?
>
> ~
>
> Once connected, I can ping the PoPToP Server address 203.x.x.x but when I
> try to ping my intranet or anything internally 10.x.x.x all I get is Request
> timed out.

Have you checked that there is no firewalling in your Windows 2000 Pro
box?

> Now I know that the IP Address on my LAN Adapter cannot be
> anything close to the IP Address assigned by PoPToP and I always change
> it...

I don't understand what you are saying here.

Charlie Brady                         charlieb at e-smith.com
Lead Product Developer
Network Server Solutions Group        http://www.e-smith.com/
Mitel Networks Corporation            http://www.mitel.com/
Phone: +1 (613) 368 4376 or 564 8000  Fax: +1 (613) 564 7739