[pptp-server] HELP

Steve Langasek vorlon at netexpress.net
Tue Oct 9 14:23:50 CDT 2001

On Tue, 9 Oct 2001, JOE wrote:

> I've got poptop running properly on a server and i can reach it from
> anywhere, except from one of my clients offices.  they are using dsl service
> through a company called corrcomm in columbus ohio.  they have a flowpoint
> 2200 router i have firewalling turned off and the client still can't get
> through he's getting error 650. I've looked through the setup guide and read
> that their are some dsl companys that block this type of traffic i even
> tried telneting into the router and adding arguments like

> sys addserver 192.168.0.18 47 0
> sys addserver 192.168.0.18 tcp 1723

> but this only really applies to incoming traffic and the client still can't
> get out even though their machine has the correct i p address.

PPTP depends on being able to send GRE packets (not just tcp or udp) through
your firewall.  If the DSL router at the remote office does not forward GRE
traffic through the NAT firewall, and cannot be configured to do so, you will
only be able to use PPTP from that location if you get additional public IP
addresses from the DSL provider.

Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer