[pptp-server] use Sniffer to see the error?

zhang.yb ybzhg at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 16 01:13:07 CDT 2001

Hi,

I set up pptpd on a server(redhat 6.1 kernel 2.2.19)
Attempting a remote connect, I receive a connection, upon verification of username and password,
I get the error :619 in the client(win 2000).

I am using mschap as I would like to see it just work.
the /etc/ppp/options file to :
-------------------
name vip
auth
require-chap
proxyarp
require-chapms
require-chapms-v2
mppe-40
mppe-128
mppe-stateless
and i have patched the kernel with MPPE support and patched the ppp with MPPE support.

If you have Sniffer installed in your system, you can see more information about this error.

Thanks a lot

Best wishes!