[pptp-server] Pptp is working, however something's wrong!

Jerry Vonau jvonau at home.com
Tue Oct 16 12:55:07 CDT 2001

Steve:

I use the interface in all my forward rules,
helps to recall what the rule is for :-)

#LAN going anywhere is valid
/sbin/ipchains -A input -j ACCEPT -i $INTIF -s $INTLAN -d $UNIVERSE
/sbin/ipchains -A output -j ACCEPT -i $INTIF -s $UNIVERSE -d $INTLAN
/sbin/ipchains -A input -j ACCEPT -i $EXTIF -s $INTLAN -d $UNIVERSE
/sbin/ipchains -A output -j ACCEPT -i $EXTIF -s $UNIVERSE -d $INTLAN
#ppp going to/from LAN is Valid
/sbin/ipchains -A input -j ACCEPT -i ppp+ -b -s $INTLAN -d $INTLAN
/sbin/ipchains -A output -j ACCEPT -i ppp+ -b -s $INTLAN -d $INTLAN
#pptp going to/from LAN is Valid
/sbin/ipchains -A forward -j ACCEPT -i ppp+ -s $INTLAN -d $INTLAN
/sbin/ipchains -A forward -j ACCEPT -i $INTIF -s $INTLAN -d $INTLAN
#masq everyting out to the net
/sbin/ipchains -A forward -j MASQ -i $EXTIF -s $INTLAN -d $UNIVERSE

I think that the -i may required for the forwarding rules to work
correctly.

Jerry Vonau