[pptp-server] Pptp is working, however something's wrong!

Steve Host shost at intellimec.com
Tue Oct 16 14:10:41 CDT 2001

I've read all your advice and used it and simplified my setup.

I disabled protocol 47 and port 1723 forwarding as the pptp server is not
behind a firewall, but is the firewall. My rules are now as follows:

Chain input (policy ACCEPT):
Chain forward (policy ACCEPT):
num  target     prot opt     source                destination
ports
1    MASQ       all  ------  192.168.1.0/24         anywhere
n/a
2    ACCEPT     all  ------  192.168.1.0/24         192.168.1.0/24
n/a
3    ACCEPT     all  ------  192.168.1.0/24         192.168.1.0/24
n/a
Chain output (policy ACCEPT):

Command line order:
/sbin/ipchains -A forward -j MASQ -s 192.168.1.0/24 -d 0.0.0.0/0
/sbin/ipchains -A forward -i eth0 -s 192.168.1.0/24 -d 192.168.1.0/24 -j
ACCEPT
/sbin/ipchains -A forward -i eth1 -s 192.168.1.0/24 -d 192.168.1.0/24 -j
ACCEPT

Again, rearranging the masq to AFTER the local IP forwarding breaks pinging
ability from client machine (dialup internet)
This being with the above configuration. I still cannot ping the client PC,
even though it's able to recieve data/information from browsing internal
PC's (such as \\application_server)

Jerry, after adding the forwarding and input/output rules for ppp+ lan to
lan it made no difference.

Am i crazy to be thinking that the internal network should be able to ping
the roadwarrior clients?