[pptp-server] PPTP client behind iptables firewall

Jamin Collins JaminC at adapt-tele.com
Tue Sep 4 15:18:57 CDT 2001

Jim McCormack [mailto:jimmc at shocksystems.com] wrote:
> This is not an issue for me necessarily, as long as I can connect
> from any of my vpn clients behind my iptables firewall, as long as
> they are at different times.  I have been having trouble getting
> this to work.  I have searched the mailing list archives for sample
> iptables code, but most seemes to be relevant for running a poptop
> SERVER behind a masqueraded firewall.

This is because there isn't any special configuration needed under iptables
for PPTP VPN clients.  I have several iptables based firewalls NAT'ing PPTP
traffic through them with no special configuration of any kind.  All of
these firewalls are running my firewall script
(http://www.asgardsrealm.net/linux/firewall).

Jamin W. Collins