[pptp-server] Allowing to access the lan.

Allan Clark allanc at caldera.com
Fri Sep 14 13:07:36 CDT 2001

Dmitri;

I think we've had problems in the past dealing with MSNetworking over a
PPTP connection.  I think it has to do with MSNewtworking defaulting to
broadcasting for all resources... unless that was restricted to NetBEUI.

In addressing what you want to work

> ... all lan1 and
> lan2 resources ...

What *are* those resources?  ftp, http, smtp, pop, imap, ssh, shttp all
seem to work just fine.  If you're having problems with WIndows name
resolution, you might want to configure your PPTP clients to use DNS for
resolution as a fallback; then, if a host isn't found (ie if
\\PRINTER\laser4 refers to lrp laser4 at printer.lineo.com) "PRINTER" might
be resolved as "printer.lineo.com" and enable you to see/use its
resources.

Does that address the services you're looking for?  It's difficult to
answer the question when we're assuming what services you need.

Allan
(pptp lurker)