[pptp-server] PPTP and Kernel 2.4 - with encryption

Benjamin Johnson b.johnson at totalise.co.uk
Thu Sep 20 12:36:01 CDT 2001

Hi guys,

I've got a vpn up and running just how I want it with ppp-2.3.11 and
pptpd-1.0.1 and I'm happy with it. However I want to add encryption and have
been trying for the last two days to get it working with no sucess. I am
running RedHat 7.1 with the stock 2.4.2-2 kernel. Can someone let me know the
series of things I have to do to get the encryption working as I feel I have
tried everything.

Do I need to patch the kernel, or do I simply need to patch and then
re-compile PPP? Obviously I don't mind moving to a newer kernel, ppp and or
pptpd.

Thanks very much for you help in advance!

Benjamin Johnson