[pptp-server] newbie questions: PPTP over IPsec-tunnel

Florian Boelstler florian.boelstler at orbiz.com
Thu Sep 27 09:01:12 CDT 2001

hi all,

nice to know a list like this! :)

i have following problems:
i have successfully set up a vpn with freeswan using ipsec protocol.
also windows clients with pgpnet using the tunnel are possible.

but a major problem is to get a virtual ip for the windows box.
somebody told me that it´s possible to get this via pptpd.

windows clients should connect to a standard internet provider
and get a dynamic ip. after that they create a secure tunnel with pgpnet
and freeswan.
additionaly connect with windows built-in pptp-client to
get a virtual ip.
all traffic should be encryted through the freeswan-ipsec-tunnel.
so i don´t need any encryption by pptp/pppd.

i have done a test setup in our LAN, but i always get i/o errors.
is it possible to test this in a LAN?
or do i need a real dial-up adapter on windows?

tia

much greets to all!

 florian

Florian Boelstler       |     eMail : florian.boelstler at orbiz.com
orbiz Software GmbH     |       www : http://www.orbiz.com
Blarerstr. 56           |       tel : +49 7531 12877-70
D-78462 Konstanz        |       fax : +49 7531 12877-77