[pptp-server] Windows XP, and it's inability to Browse HTML pages when on VPN.

Matthew Gavin matt at tempo.com.au
Thu Aug 1 21:20:53 CDT 2002

Hi all, I recently upgraded my VPN to pptpd-1.1.3-1 and ppp-mppe-2.4.1-6.

Everything has been working perfectly, however... I just found that Windows XP cannot view
Web Pages, in particular my Intranet.

Windows 2000/NT4/9x have no problems whatsoever. My config is very simple (follows), I'm
at a loss here... I know it is VPN related because when the user dials in directly via
ppp, the Intranet page is accessible. As soon as I get him to connect through the VPN, it
fails. I don't get any errors, the page just does not load.

All clients are using Internet Explorer 6.0x... Has anyone encounter this before?

/etc/ppp/options.pptpd:
#
lock
debug