[pptp-server] PPTP with PPP in sync mode problem

James Cameron james.cameron at hp.com
Tue Aug 13 22:09:20 CDT 2002

G'day Sang,

You will need to find the cause of poor performance yourself, unless
someone here on the mailing lists is able to reproduce it.

I do not expect it to work at all if one or the other host has
ppp-to-gre code that does not understand sync mode.  So your test case 1
with pptpd not modified is unexpected.

pptp-1.0.2 is quite old.  Current version is 1.1.0.  I've not seen the
sync modifications to pptpd-1.1.3, so I cannot reproduce the environment
you are testing in.

I'm not the right person to talk to about pptpd.  Hopefully someone more
experienced with that code will be able to answer you.  My main
experience is with pptp.

--
James Cameron                                     (james.cameron at hp.com)

http://quozl.linux.org.au/         (or)         http://quozl.netrek.org/