[pptp-server] Win2k PPTP route

Vlad Adomnicai vlad at ccf.tuiasi.ro
Wed Feb 6 18:18:58 CST 2002

 Hi. I'am trying to use PPTPD for playing games on TCP (IPX) on a network
that has several routers. I have some problems with some games (Comanche4,
BlackIsle4).
 On TCP these games search for the server by sending UDP broadcast packets.
 I have a network card in my computer with IP 192.168.212.2 and when i log
in to VPN, i have 10.0.0.2. The problem is that the packets that the games
send althoug are traveling through the VPN (because of the new gateway) have
the source ip 192.168.212.2. And it seams to bother the games because we
can't see each other.
  when i issue a route print on win2k, there is a route 255.255.255.255 mask
255.255.255.255 but with gateway 192.168.212.2, and i can't do anything with
that route, i cant delete it and i can't changeit, and i can't add
anotherone with gateway 10.0.0.2.
  Does anyone knows how to make the source of the packeges be 10.0.0.2? or
tell me how to get those broadcasting packets accros 2 routers on the other
side of the network? (on the other side of the network there is a router
with 3 netcards, one linking it with the router from me, and the other two
having hubs attached, so i would like the broadcast to go to both networks)

  Any help of any kind is appreciated.
		Vlad Adomnicai.