[pptp-server] Thanks for the help

R. de Vroede r.devroede at linvision.com
Tue Feb 26 04:49:49 CST 2002

It is a kernel patched for mppe. You need the kernel-2.4.9-21mppe and
kernel-headers. The kernel-source and kernel-doc are optional.

> I have not installed the kernel rpms. That is the culprit then. What
> exactly is the kernel modules. Is that to upgrade the kernel? What is
> the order that I need to install them. Thanks for the help.
>
> Allan
>
> R. de Vroede wrote:
>
> >>I am using ppp-2.4.1-3mppe and pptpd-1.1.2-2 with Redhat 7.0. I
> >>installed the rpms and then used the default config. I tried to execute
> >>modprobe ppp but I got the following error Can't locate module ppp.
> >>
> >Hmm. Have you installed the kernel RPM?

> >>have all the lines you listed in my modules.conf file but one extra line
> >>in the bottom that is  alias net-pf-47 ip_gre. What exactly is that line
> >>for. I think I am begining to understand what is going on a little.
> >>
> >I added that because that was a probable anwer to a question on this
> >list, but I'm not so very sure it helps any. It's just to be sure.
> >
> >Regards,
> >Richard

Richard de Vroede
(r.devroede at linvision.com)
Linvision BV         Provides Linux Solutions
Elektronicaweg 16D
2628 XG Delft
T: +31157502310      info at linvision.com
F: +31157502319      http://devel.linvision.com