[pptp-server] strange problem...

Timothy Findlay timothy.findlay at austrimtextiles.com.au
Fri Jan 4 02:49:30 CST 2002

Hi,

Sorry, I think I missed the point explaining the problem, from the laptop,
stage 1 (Internet connection) initially appears ok, then if we goto stage 2
(open the VPN to the office) it works great... and we can stay connected to
the VPN for however many hours without a problem, the issue is if we open
stage 1 (Internet connection) and then open a web browser to look around
the web (forgetting about the VPN to the office) it doesn't go anywhere!

It's almost like the dialup internet connection expects a VPN connection,
and wont do anything by itself. It's not actually the VPN part that is
faulty, its the Internet part.

The crazy part is it was working fine before I installed the VPN support in
Win98, after the Internet+VPN works, but not just Internet.

Does that make any sense ??

Thanks anyway tho,
Tim.